About Vidanga Supreme
Vidanga Supreme is the powdered berry of the plant Embelia Ribes. These berries have a long history of use going back over 2,000 years in both Unani and Ayurvedic medicine. It is also known as false black pepper and is native to Asia and India.
Literature shows potential key indications to be for Parasitic worms, as well as with methylation and hyperhomocysteinemia issues.
Research shows the potential beneficial uses:
- Anthelmintic (expels worms) – including ascarides (a common small intestine inhabiting worm) and Tapeworms (syed). The worms can often be observed in the stool. In acute worm cases, Ayurvedic texts recommend a dose as high as 2-3 gms daily for children and 6-12 grams for adults for several days.
- Hyperhomocysteinemia – an animal study demonstrated that rats with hyperhomocysteinemia significantly decreased the levels of homocysteine, LDH, total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL-C and VDL-C and increased the HDL-C levels in serum. The results were comparable to folic acid. Clinically this is a fascinating study as at Supreme Nutrition Products we prefer to use herbs to isolated chemicals. It is unknown at this point whether it up regulates certain genes, or acts as a methyl donor to achieve this but we encourage you to try it in cases that need methylation support.
- Antibacterial activity, including staph mutans, known to contribute to dental caries and plaque as well as other forms of staph. It is often added to oil pulling formulas due to the aforementioned effects. It should be looked at as a broad spectrum antimicrobial as it also has effects against certain fungi.
- It has strong analgesic properties.
- It has been used as a reversible contraceptive agent for both males and females. There is much research on this but do not recommend it for this purpose as a sole contraceptive agent. We do advise you though to not take it if you want to initiate a pregnancy in the near future.
- Possesses anticonvulsant activity.
- Antipsychotic activity.
There are no reviews yet.