Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is an antioxidant that:
- Protects against free radical damage and unwanted substances in the liver.
- Normalizes gallbladder function
- Aids in digestion
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels within normal ranges
- Supports circulation and blood vessel health
Used in medicine as a cleansing herb for the whole body and in Chinese medicine to support liver, gallbladder, digestive, and circulatory health.
- Today it is known to be useful in situations in which high levels of antioxidant support are necessary.
- The volatile oils in Turmeric support joint comfort and bile production, which supports better fat digestion.
- Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract, which is important after a course of antibiotics and for those with dysbiosis (unbalanced intestinal flora).
- Turmeric supports absorption and metabolism, has a soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut and helps protect the stomach against excess acid.
- Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for supporting proper immune system function.
- Curcumin also supports production of bile as well as enzymes that digest sugars and fats to help maintain blood cholesterol levels within normal ranges.
There are no reviews yet.