Woad Supreme™ is the powdered root of Isatis tinctoria, which is good as antimicrobial and antiviral. It has also been shown to have antibacterial and anti-parasitic effects. In China, woad is used to treat such conditions as pneumonia, UTI, sinusitis, tonsillitis, influenza, even acute hepatitis and more.
Orders of $150 or more get free shipping!
We ship to the United States only.
1-2 caps, 3x/day
1) Do not use if patient is on prescription blood thinners.
2) Safety during breastfeeding and pregnancy has not been studied so you may want to avoid prescribing it during these times.
More Information on Woad Supreme
Woad Supreme™ is the powdered root of Isatis tinctoria. Isatis has a history of use in China for 2,000+ years. Isatis, commonly known as woad, has the following indications:
1) It is a broad spectrum antimicrobial. We find it most effective as an antiviral for both acute (including severe respiratory conditions) and chronic problems. Many studies have shown it be effective against influenza (the flu). It has also been shown to have antibacterial and anti-parasitic effects, including against leptospirosis. It is also immune-stimulatory. In China, woad is used to treat such conditions as pneumonia, UTI, sinusitis, tonsillitis, influenza and even acute hepatitis. They also brew it into a tea to use topically on rosacea, herpes, shingles, and impetigo.
2) Woad is strongly inhibitory against the COX-2 enzyme thus exhibiting strong anti-inflammatory activity. In addition to inhibiting COX-2 and 5-LOX, Isatis reduced allergic airway inflammation and airway hyper responsiveness by inhibiting the production of the Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-5, and RANTES.
3) In China it has been found to be useful in helping some cancer patients, especially those with leukemia (it is obviously not a stand-alone cancer treatment).
4) Animals studies suggest it has protective effects against certain forms of radiation, especially mucosal damage, and may be a good detoxifier in general.
Supreme Nutrition attempts to supply the physician with a large array of broad spectrum antimicrobials with long histories of use in different cultures. Isatis is an excellent addition to this list and should be considered in any patient with subclinical or overt infection. It should especially be considered on patients with viral/flu symptoms.
Brand: Supreme Nutrition