Digestive enzymes are beneficial for:
- Geriatric individuals (as we age, enzyme secretion decreases)
- Those with jaw or teeth problems (improper chewing of food decreases enzyme secretion)
- Those under stress
- Those who overuse antacids (overuse of antacids can decrease enzyme effectiveness and secretion)
- Those who eat a lot of fried, grilled, or baked foods (foods prepared at high temperatures for long periods of time lose naturally occurring enzyme activity)
- People with deficient digestive enzymes (those who lack digestive enzymes are more prone to digestive problems)
- For use as a proteolytic enzyme supplement
Each enzyme in CybZyme works on a specific substance in the body:
- Lipase enzymes help digest and assimilate fats.
- Protease enzymes including bromelain, pepsin, trypsin, and papain all digest proteins into smaller units (peptides and amino acids) for better absorption and utilization.
- Lactase enzymes aid in lactose digestion.
- Amylase enzymes breakdown carbohydrates.
- Cellulase enzymes digest fiber.
- Dulse provides an edible algae that is high in vitamins, especially Vitamin B6 and B12.
- Spirulina also known as blue green algae and is considered a complete protein containing all of the essential amino acids.
- Invertase splits sucrose into glucose and fructose. Contrary to most other enzymes, invertase exhibits relatively high activity over a broad range of pH.