Appetite and Weight Management
- Iodine helps regulate blood sugar levels, helps the body stay in a fat burning mode, helps control appetite and cravings, supports weight management, and helps to preserve lean tissue.
- Iodine is a non-metallic trace element and is required by humans for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. The thyroid produces hormones that play a part in many body processes including growth and development, body temperature and metabolism.
- Iodine is required for the production of thyroid hormones. It is a component of the thyroid hormones T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxin), and is essential for normal thyroid function.
- L-Tyrosine supports mood as it is required for the production of dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine which are responsible for regulating mood. It also helps to reduce appetite.
- L-Tyrosine has been use to increase focus and concentration.
- L-Tyrosine is required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. A deficiency has been associated with low thyroid function.
- Thyroid hormones have a role in all the procedures in our body and contain L-Tyrosine as an important part of their structure. L-Tyrosine can help normalize thyroid gland function.
- Selenium is required for thyroid hormone production, activation and metabolism. It is an essential component of an enzyme that converts T4 to T3.
- Selenium researchers have proven that selenium increases the effects of iodine supplementation in thyroid dysfunctional patients. Adequate selenium nutritional status may help against some of the neurological effects of iodine deficiency.